Monday, February 16, 2015

New Project on the horizon!

My copy of THE 1718 COVERLET  author Susan Briscoe arrived today.  It is the oldest dated British Patchwork  Coverlet and is made of mostly silks. I absolutely love silks and think silks, especially old silk ties might be a good idea.  Maybe the new silk/cotton fabrics would be easier to work with and last longer. I have made several garments, quilts, and purses of silks and all of those fabrics required extra fortification, ie interfacing, ironed onto the back of the silks prior to cutting. So I have an idea that this will be a time consuming project that may last a couple years.  There are 69 different block patterns and 182 blocks in the revised version.  Lol, I am looking forward to sharing the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment