Tuesday, January 27, 2015

BLAST FROM THE PAST!


My pattern!  I made "PINWHEELS"  in 2004 for the Robert Kaufman Color Rhythm Challenge.  Color Rhythm is the work of Jennifer Sampou .  While it did not win any ribbons, it did travel throughout the US and Canada. 



SCHOOL CRAFT FAIR 2014

Pictures of my table at the craft fair in November 2014
quilted handbags, small purses, wallets made during the year


"2014" was definitely a year of  major ups and downs and sadly mixed with left-overs from 2013.  Laughing here because we know that some years, decades even just run together!  Last year, I deleted two of my blogs and took a break from blogging.  That said, I recently realized that all of the pictures of the  work I had done since 2007 is now unavailable.  So today, I am going to share the highlights of quilts and dolls and unfinished projects.

First up, my first quilt from a class taken in 1997.  For some years I made small "quilts" just large enough to make vests for the kids and handbags.  I took a class so that I could make a bed quilt; left the 8 hour class without making a complete block or knowledge of how to make the block.  It just didn't click!  Within the week, I talked to the pattern maker and she gave me some one on one attention, after which I spent the next 22 hours piecing the blocks and making my first "class" quilt!

Amish Rainbow by unknown author finished size 110 x 110
 Assorted Pictures from the past ...  Hope you enjoy them!





Edith Flack Ackley Doll Swap 2014

still wearing a scarf  I made in 2013
























In private collection: bags made December 2014



In private collection...December 2014 ...  Laura Gunn Poppys Lime fabric
handbag pattern - sew/quilt as I sew,  citrus purse by cherisecreates.blogspot.com
wallet by me.

December 2014:  Little Quilts by Sarah Fielke Swap Quilt

Some Kona solids!

In private collection   November 2014   Quilted Handbag by me
Citrus pattern used with permission by cherisecreates.blogspot.com




Flip and Sew and quilted as I sewed pattern bag





this is made from random half square triangles!  No pattern, just sew and go!


Another sew and quilt as I sew pattern!






Wallets from my favorite "Echino" fabrics

 Charise at charisecreates.blogspot.com made the paper piece pattern for these "Citrus" purses.  I really love, love this pattern!  Thanks Cherise!





2013 BOM blocks  using Kaffe Fassett fabrics; block patterns by Amy Smart

A finished top in October 2014,  pattern by Amy Smart




Some of a finished top; blocks by Amy Ellis


heart!


quilted potholders for a swap!  Using freezer paper, I drew a churn dash block for the pattern.  I love wonky!

My attempt at making a paper piece design...circa 2012

Absolutely first quilt, used the wedge ruler.   Hand quilted.  circa 1995

In January 2014, my son wished me to make him a quilt to gift. The only requirement is that it be pink and green!   The gift was well received.






Made from half squared triangles.  I made the triangles 8 at a time; love it!


2012 Embroidery Swap Quilt!




No comments:

Post a Comment