Sunday, May 31, 2015

MAY PROJECT - Through the PRISM CHALLENGE

MONKEY WRENCH  -  One of my favorite blocks is  the challenge block for May!  Here is a couple pictures of my project.  My block features the color ORANGE.  


The color choice for my Monkey Wrench block is ORANGE by Cherrywood.  The companion fabrics are by Lonni Rossi. 




I drew (4) pictures on freezer paper and even attempted to make a paper piecing pattern -  the paper piecing pattern was a bust!








The paper piece pattern was too big!


So, instead of the pattern making I decided to cut up the drawn design as I did when I made my wonky pot holders last year.



Freezer paper design cut apart for piecing!



paper piecing the parts!





Voila!  Finished and picture on a cloudy day! But finished!




"WRENCHED"


MACHINE PIECED...MACHINE QUILTED...HAND QUILTED
20" x 20"
Hand Drawn Freezer Paper Pattern














No comments:

Post a Comment